Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Snow Day #4 and The Hands on the Clock ...

Well, today was snow day #4 but we did get a call saying we do have school tomorrow!  Yeah! Finally!  That means we only have 7 more days to finish what we've needed to over the last 2 1/2 weeks.
No pressure! :)

I have seen several ideas about teaching time using "Ana Log" and "Digi Tal".  
(I couldn't really find a source to credit anyone though.)
 I made this anchor chart with students and it REALLY seemed to help them understand!  
We've also been singing our "clock" song.  It's to the tune of "The Wheels on the Bus".


(I've been using this song in my classroom for many years now.  I do not know the original source)

(click the pic above to download the song)

Now, every time we talk about clocks or have them on our Saxon Math wkshts, we refer back to "Ana and Digi". 
They LOVE it!

Have a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover