Sunday, December 30, 2012

What All Do You Need for a Snowman? and Polar Bears Live on Ice

I love reading snowman books in January with my students.  One of my favorite books we read is Alice Schertle's "All You Need for a Snowman".  I put together this little freebie mini-writing unit.  Click on the picture below to snag you a free copy!


I also read the book "Polar Bears on Ice" by Melvin and Gilda Berger.  

Polar Bears Live On Ice

It is a great nonfiction book.  I put together a mini-writing unit on Informative/Explanatory Writing.


Common Core - 1.W.2
Write informative/explanatory texts in which they name a topic, supply some facts about the topic, and provide some sense of closure.


If you like these freebies, check out my other WINTER UNITS on TpT!

I created a mega-unit with Literacy Centers, Math Centers, Writing Activities and Making Words Activities. 

I also busted them up to sell them each separately.

Happy New Year to All!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover