Thursday, July 11, 2013

Liebster Award - I feel so honored!

Oh my goodness!  I am so honored!  I was nominated by Andrew at Mr. First Grade for a Liebster award!  
The Liebster Award is an award for new blogs. Liebster is a German word that means beloved, cute, lovely, dearest and welcome! 

I can't believe it!  I just started this little blog last October and can't believe that I have hit the 100 follower milestone!  I honestly never expected to have very many followers and I am excited every time I see that number increase!

Here are the rules for accepting this nomination: 
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 250 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees by commenting on their blog or sending them an email to communicate the nomination.

Here's the question I have to answer:
1. What's the last book you finished?
I honestly can’t remember the last book I’ve read.  (isn’t that horrible!?!?)  I just finished Grad School and haven’t had time to read for pleasure!

2. When did you decide to become a teacher?
I‘ve always wanted to be a teacher.  I can’t remember ever wanting to be anything different.

3. Do you have any advice for new teachers?
Teach from the heart!  There are SO many different ideas and ways of doing things that you can get pretty overwhelmed and feel like you have to DO IT ALL!   Listen to your heart.  You know what’s best for you and your students.  Go from there!

4. How do you unwind after a day at school?
I enjoy my time on my computer after school.  Checking other blogs and getting new ideas.

5. What's your dream vacation?
I would absolutely love to go to Ireland.  I’m an Irish girl!

6. How do you stay on top of that pile of paperwork?
I get pretty anal about organization and usually can’t stand for things to pile up.  I ALWAYS clear my table before I leave so that it’s clear when I start the next day.

7. Favorite sweet treat?
ANYTHING CHOCOLATE!

8. Favorite movie?
Oh man - tough question.  I don’t watch many movies and not sure I could come up with just one.

9. Favorite food?
Brownies!  (Does that count as food?)  J

10. Why did you start blogging?
I had been following several blogs and was so inspired by them that I wanted to do it myself.  I’ve always been one to want to share my thoughts and ideas with others and now I can do that!  I’ve loved every minute of it!

11. What was the best advice you ever received?
Wear Sunscreen!

11 Random Facts about me:
1. I ran a half marathon in 2010.
2. I’ve never seen a single movie of the Twilight series.
3. I bungee jumped when I was in high school.
4. I didn’t have a car until I was married.
5. I climbed a 14, 000 foot mountain with my youth group in High School.
6. My favorite snack every day is my Sonic Diet Dr. Pepper!
7. I really don’t like to cook.
8. I absolutely LOVE to sing!  I sing at church and every other place I get the chance.
9. I traveled to England, Scotland, and Wales with my show choir group in College.  We performed about 7 different places.
10. I don’t mind washing dishes but I hate doing laundry!
11. I’m learning the song “Marry Me” by Train right now.  I’m singing it in a friend’s wedding in 2 weeks.

I'm nominating:






Question for my nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite cereal?
3. What is your favorite subject to teach?
4. If you were an animal, which one would you be?
5. What’s the smallest class size you’ve had?  The biggest?
6. What is your favorite snack?
7. What is your dream vacation?
8. Why did you decide to teach?
9. What is your favorite movie?
10. What is your favorite hobby (hobbies)?
11. Do you have any pets?

Thanks again Andrew!


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover