Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Abe and Much, Much, More!

It was sooooo nice to have yesterday off!  Thank you Mr. Presidents!  :)  I was able to get some last minute center activities ready for this week.  Our hero this week is Abraham Lincoln.  Take a look at our centers in pictures!

Here's a look at my February Math Centers.  This week we are working on ten less, ten more, one less and one more.  On the back of our recording sheet we are working on counting on.  It has been nice using the same number cards for 4 different center activities!  Check it out here!


We are also working on telling time to the hour and half hour.  Here is Melissa Machan's "Telling Time with Snowmen" freebie.  Super cute!


 Here's another telling time center.  This one comes from the ladies of  "What the Teacher Wants".  My firsties are loving this!



How about a little contraction action!  This is a fun sorting activity from Ann from the Caffeinated Classroom.  It's called Contractions Make us Buggy.  Check it out!


Here's our Hero of the week - Honest Abe!  Art pics to come later this week!  If you want to know more about this timeline and where the idea cam from - check out Katie Knight's AMAZING 13 American Heroes Unit.

Here's an Abe Lincoln poem we added to our Poetry Folders this week! 


We do Scott Foresman Reading Street and our story this week is "Where are My Animal Friends?".  Here are a few sweet firsties practicing reading the play with character puppets.  This was a nice change in story!

Whew, seems like a lot doesn't it?  Oh well that's how we roll in 1st grade!  :)  Have a great rest of the week and I'll post Abe pics when we finish the writing part!

I leave you with one of my precious firsties!  Check out this AmAzInG new hair cut!









2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out and for stopping by my blog to let me know. I'm so happy your little ones were able to use it! :)))))

    Melissa
    First Grade Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Karen! Of course I had to become a follower! Stop by my store at TPT and let me know what you want- I'll send it to you for free! It's called Where Everything's Affordable, in case you forgot. (:
    ann
    Thecaffeinatedclassroom

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover