Monday, August 12, 2013

50 cent garage sale find turns Monday Made It!

I'm linking up with Tara again for Monday Made It!

We decided to go hit some garage sales and estate sales this weekend (which we never really do).  I came across this little chair.



It reminded me of an old school chair.  I kinda walked by it at first but then came back to it and wondered of I could salvage it.  You can tell it was someone's paint chair and it had been outside for a VERY LONG time.  I thought I'd give it a try so I gave the 50 cents for this nasty little chair - cobwebs and all.  I brought it home and cleaned it with about a bajillion wipes and then spray painted it black.

The seat had some issues but I thought a little cushion would fix that problem.  I'm so happy with how it turned out!


We give out "PAW" awards at my school and they can turn them in occasionally for prizes.  One of the things they can "buy" is to sit in a special chair all day to do their work.  I think I will use this as their "special chair" this year!

Not too bad for 50 cents, spray paint, a cushion and some fabric!

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. That turned out awesome! It doesn't even look like the same chair! Great job!

    - Pam @ Moments to Teach

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! It's amazing that it started out as a 50 cent garage sale find. I have been searching for the perfect teacher chair at garage sales and have yet to find one. I'm hoping to find one before school starts.

    Your students will love sitting in this chair as a reward!

    I love your blog! I'm your newest follower!

    Elizabeth
    Seconds at the Beach

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover