Saturday, April 20, 2013

Product Swap - Chunky Monkey Style!

MrsStanfordsClass

Oh my goodness!  I am SUPER excited to be a part of The MaGiCal Product Swap for the first time!

I'm here to share a great "chunking" activity with you today.  It's from the every-so-lovely Jessica over at Hanging Out in First.  My firsties and I tried out her Chunky Monkey Decoding Strategy Unit.  We have used the chunky monkey strategy all year but this unit was a great review and practice activity for us.  


Here is the cute poster Jessica made to remind us to "chunk" the sounds.  We displayed this in our room when we worked through her practice pages.  Here are some of my sweeties practicing looking for small words inside of big words.  They used a highlighter for the bigger words and then used their pencil to circle and/or underline even smaller words inside those.  

(Monkeys have been inserted to protect the names of the innocent!  Ha! Ha!)






This product is great for the beginning of the year or even a review during the middle of the year.  My firsties really enjoyed it and I know your students will too!  Head on over to Jessica's store and check it out!


I would also love for you to check out her precious little blog.  Don't forget to be a follower when you get there!  You'll be glad you did!


Have a great Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover