Sunday, October 27, 2013

Donors Choose and Winners!

I wanted you guys to check out my Donors Choose Project!  This is my first time to put together a project and I am super excited about it!  It is titled "There's an APP for That!"  I am asking for an iPad mini for our classroom.  Here's a little more info:

There's An APP For That! 

"Bring in the reinforcements!" Teachers will take all the help they can get to reinforce skills being taught in the classroom everyday and to make learning fun and meaningful!
I teach 25 amazing first graders in a public school in Oklahoma. They are very eager to learn and jump at the opportunity to use technology in the classroom. My students use hands-on activities and tools any chance they can get. They learn so much better with something in their hands. It makes their learning meaningful and long-lasting!
There are so many amazing apps out there for the ipad. Many teachers themselves have created games and activities that are fun and interactive for students. Putting an iPad in a child's hands gives them an excitement for learning. The students don't even realize their learning. All they know is that they are playing this really cool game that is super fun! Not only can the student use the iPad as a tool for learning, I can also use it for formal and informal ongoing assessments throughout the year. Our state reading assessment can be given using a touch screen and can even give me activities and ideas of things to do with each student to help increase their reading levels and even chart their growth. It also gives me an opportunity to use it not only for small group instruction but individual instruction for struggling students. There are new apps available everyday that can be used to make learning fun and interactive while reinforcing the skills being taught on a daily basis.
Funding this project would give children something that they use for the rest of their lives - knowledge! Giving children a strong grasp of reading skills at a young age gives them a solid foundation for the rest of their educational career. The hope is that with this solid foundation a child will continue to grow and succeed even into college and career endeavors.
You can click on the link below to check it out for yourself!


Now on to my "One Year Blogiversary Winners!

There are 3 winners that get to choose 3 units from my store!

Samantha C. (please email me - your email keeps bouncing :(  )
Jackie M. &
Kelly B.

Check your email ladies!

Tomorrow we have a Professional Development day.  We have Ginny Dowd coming to teach us her updates and new ideas for her Phonics Dance.  We are SUPER excited!  


1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Karen!
    I am the Samantha C. :) My e-mail was recently hacked :( So I had to make a whole new account. Your blog was one of the first ones I went back to follow. :) Here is my new e-mail address (sorry about that): rigbys2014@gmail.com
    I AM SO BEYOND EXCITED!!!! I never win things like this!!!!!!! :) Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover