Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Leaves, Leaves, and more Leaves!

I LOVE FALL!!!!!!!
It is by far my favorite season.  I am also loving this cooler weather!  My youngest daughter and I just got back from a little bike ride!  So fun!

We have been talking about leaves for the last 2 weeks.
Here are a few pics to show you what we've been up to:

Check out these great adjectives!

Leaves writing:

We read this book...

 ...and then found all the great verbs on each page!
(idea taken from the AmAzInG Cara Carroll)

Last week we made fall trees in the art center:  


 Here is an aerial view of our leaves center.  I always try and take what we learned the week before and put all of our books, charts, and activities in a center.  My firsties love to be able to look at all the things we learned about.  I always have a handwriting sheet around in case any of my little scientists get the urge to record their observations!

Here's a close up of some of the different leaves I collected for them to look at with our magnifying glasses.

They really enjoyed looking at all the different shapes and sizes.

What have you been studying for Fall?

I would love to hear about it!

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover