Saturday, October 12, 2013

Reading Strategy Examples for our Notebooks

We have been learning about all the different reading strategies we can use when decoding words.  We have been using Cara's Reading Strategies.  (BTW - They are free so you might want to check them out!)

I took the small ones and copied them so that my fristies could glue them in their notebooks.  Then we put examples of what each strategy means.  I'm very pleased with the way they have turned out so far.  Here's a peek at a few:












We have been studying about bats and will begin our spiders in 2 weeks.  Next week we only have 2 days and then Fall Break!  Yeah!!!

Our plan is to do 2 days of fun Halloween and Fall Literacy and Math centers.  I hope to get lots of pictures ready for you.  Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing how you are using these strategies in your classroom! I downloaded a copy of my own and passed them on to my substitute to use while I am away! I'm looking forward to seeing your Halloween centers!

    Elizabeth
    Seconds at the Beach

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover