Thursday, August 28, 2014

We are Scientists!

We've been talking about being a scientist this week.  To kick off our study we made these little "paper plate scientists".
(I cannot remember or find where I got this idea a couple of years ago.  If it was you or you know the source - please let me know so I can credit them!)



The little hands are holding a beaker and a magnifying glass.  

In the beaker, they had to draw something they wanted to learn more about this year.  I love the little ladybug!



I also LOVE the bat.  Little does this firstie know - but we do a HUGE bat unit on October!


Look at these precious girls working hard on their project!




We started talking about how scientists use their 5 senses to observe and study things.  I hope to be back later with pictures of our 5 senses posters and books.

Our students are out of school tomorrow and we have a professional development day.  We are trying something new and have a ton of vendors and several "break-out" sessions that we can attend tomorrow.  We are pretty excited about it.  I hope it's beneficial!

Have a great holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. These are precious! I love how they drew what they wanted to learn about too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover