Friday, January 18, 2013

Buddy Reading and MLK!

Oh my word, we were sooooo busy this week!  I totally forgot to take the pictures of centers I wanted to this week.  Oh well, I did manage to get a few of our buddy reading today.  On Friday's we do a comprehension page that goes along with our decodable readers.  The last few weeks I have let them read their stories and do the comprehension page together with their reading buddies.  They have really done a pretty good job of  working together and talking about the questions and answers together.



Next week is all about Martin Luther King Jr.!  He is one of my absolute favorite units to cover with my firsties!  Even in their naive little minds they totally do not understand how someone could treat another person that way.  They have such tender hearts about the subject of segregation.  I love reading all the books about him.  I will be using several pages from Gladys' unit - Peace and Dreams.  Check it out!  It's a great unit and I'm super excited to use it.  I know you will love it too!

Have a great weekend!  We get a 3 day weekend! ( I really need it to get caught up at school and home)


1 comment:

  1. Love the pics of your littles with their reading buddies! Thanks for the shout out..enjoy your 3 day weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover